Photon Energy is committed to ensuring compliance with the following complaints handling standard and guidelines:
Australian Standard on Customer satisfaction – Guidelines for complaints handling on organisations ISO 10002:2006
Complainants can expect the following specific standards:
- Commitment: Photon Energy staff will provide an efficient and fair resolution of complaints at all levels. Photon Energy acknowledges the right to complain and we encourage feedback about the performance of our functions. Photon Energy has a written complaints policy and accompanying staff procedures.
- Fairness: Photon Energy’s complaints-handling recognises the need to be fair to both the Complainant and any staff member who has a complaint made against them. The principles of natural justice will apply. To ensure objectivity, the investigation of a complaint will be conducted by a more senior member of staff who is not involved in the subject of the complaint. Each complaint will be addressed in an equitable and unbiased manner.
- Resources: Photon Energy provides adequately resourced staff to manage complaints-handling with sufficient levels of delegated authority.
- Visibility: Photon Energy provides avenues for Complainants to make complaints, including telephone access and via email@example.com , and where appropriate, will escalate a complaint to enable resolution.
- Access: Photon Energy’s complaints-handling process is available to the general public on the company website photonenergy.com.au and will be provided on demand. It is flexible, free, easy to use and in plain language.
- Assistance: Staff will assist members of the public in accessing the complaints-handling process and will assist with the formulation of the complaint.
- Responsiveness: Photon Energy responds to complaints promptly and courteously. Complainants can expect a formal response from Photon Energy within 21 working days. If additional time is required the Complainant will be informed and any investigation must be completed within 45 working days.
- Data collection: Complaints are recorded in the document management system. The complaint data is collected and registered for data analysis and review.
- Systemic and recurring problems: Photon Energy reviews complaints data, analyses trends and takes action to improve services and rectify systemic or recurring problems.
- Reviews: Photon Energy reviews its complaints handling processes as required.
- Escalation: If Complainants are dissatisfied with the outcome of the complaints procedure they will be referred to the applicable industry ombudsman or consumer affairs body.